CSJ-PSR's purpose is to:
1. Challenge oppressive systems of power and privilege.
2. Collaborate with other student groups within the CPS department and our professional organizations in raising awareness about issues of social injustice and oppression and to work toward positive social change.
3. Provide social support and professional service opportunities for those who engage in social justice advocacy.
4. Promote social justice education, awareness, and action directed toward social change within its members, our program, our community and the counseling and psychology professions.
5. Encourage scholarship, professional development, and advocacy that addresses social justice.