The purpose of this Association shall be to utilize the collective resources of the chapter members to:
- Articulate and promote the professional needs and goals of Black Law Students;
- Foster and encourage professional competence;
- Focus upon the relationship of the Black Law Student and the Black Attorney to the American legal structure;
- Instill in the Black Attorney and Law Student a greater awareness and commitment to the needs of the Black community;
- Influence the legal community to bring about meaningful change to meet the needs of the Black community;
- Adopt and implement a policy of economic independence;
- Encourage Black Law Students to pursue careers in the judiciary; and
- Do all things necessary and appropriate to accomplish these purposes.
Why Join BLSA?
As a member of NBLSA you are part of an established and esteemed organization that has numerous benefits!
- Unparalleled networking opportunities with other law students, NBLSA’s extensive Alum and practicing attorneys
- Subscriptions to and publishing opportunities with NBLSA’s newsletter “The Legal Pad"
- Leadership positions on the National and/or Regional Executive Boards
Significant discounts with:
OTHER BENEFITS you are also entitled to participate in all Regional and National activities including:
- Regional Job Fairs
- Regional Academic Retreats
- Memberâ€only pricing for National and Regional Conventions
- Opportunities to participate in community service and international service
- Participation in the prestigious Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial, Frederick Douglass Moot Court, and
- International Negotiations Competitions
- NBLSA members are also eligible to apply for NBLSA Scholarships!
2012-2013 Officers and Committee Chairpersons
President: Jason Carruthers firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-President: Dantel Ruiz email@example.com
Treasurer: Terrell Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Christine Fleury email@example.com
Historian: Krystle Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org
Parliamentarian: Joshua May email@example.com
2012-2013 COMMITTEE CHAIRS
Academic Chair: Michelle R. Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Service Co-Chair: Ramika Gourdine email@example.com
Public Relations Chair: James Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org